Thursday, November 20, 2008

PhotoStory FriDAY...Faelela Adams Argyle

There is Humor...to the Sweetness of my Grandmothers funeral. That may sound a little strange, but I know she was enjoying the events that took place.
1. The wind seemed to only be blowing at the cemetery. It about knocked you over. At the church...hardly a breeze. Seriously??
2. The door to the hearse got stuck. Would not open. Kidding me?? We ended up going back to the church to eat a delicious meal while they called a locksmith to come help. Within just a few moments of us leaving they were able to get it open (without the locksmith). Funny part...they still had to pay for the locksmith (how many times do I need to say that in a sentence) to come out and tell them nothing was wrong??!!
3. The third picture with the Mother on the ribbon...That was taken while I was holding the casket from sliding off!! Holy BLEEP??!! Why take a picture you ask? I had barely touched the ribbon as the casket started to slide, my finger hit the camera button, as I grabbed the side rail to hold on. Help came quickly with my yelp...phew!!A total Chevy Chase movie chain of events....



In the end...the beauty of this shot captivates how it all turned out. Walking away, the sun broke through the clouds, the wind stopped howling and our bodies and minds were touched by the warmth of the moment. Thank you Grandma. I Love you.
PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

24 comments:

Chris said...

That was beautiful. Humor comes along at the strangest times, and it can make a difficult time, into a time you will never forget -- nor want to.

CC said...

Wonderful tribute. I miss my grandma too.

Wendelyn DeMoss said...

Very nice post about a sad goodbye moment. Was your grandma a humorous person? That is usually how it all goes!

stefanie said...

The girls look sooo cold. Glad you found humor and grace as you said goodbye.

Unknown said...

These pictures are awesome! Thanks for posting them. I can't wait to see the rest. I wish I could have been there.

Lori of I'm no super Mom said...

It is amazing the things death shows us!

Corey~living and loving said...

Great post...and that last shot is wonderful.
It sounds like you found peace in the day.
Happy PSF!

Karolynn said...

Your sweet Grandma didn't want to get out of that hearse. Bless her heart! Her funeral was an amazing tribute to her. I enjoyed learning about her and seeing those sweet girls of yours sing. (((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

I agree it was a beautiful tribute.How much better they feel knowing we think of the great memories that bring a smile to our face at this time,knowing someday we will be with them again.

Jaysi said...

What a touching tribute.

tiarastantrums said...

lovely tribute

Perez Family said...

thanks for the pics melie. i really wanted to go, but life has been extremely hectic around here. anyway, thanks for the tribute to grandma. miss you so much. can't wait to see you again! love you!

Christine Evans said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Aren't you so thankful to know that you will see her again though? I can't imagine how hard it would be to not have that knowledge. It would make each passing unbearable. I'm sure she will be watching over you and your family more than you know.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

I think our loved ones want us to enjoy and celebrate their lives rather than be so sad. Glad that you were able to find humor in the time of remembrance.

Crazymamaof6 said...

sweet post! isn't it great though that you could see the humor in it, and no bad omens, or major breakdowns. it's all about perspectives in a situation. and you have the right one.
love that last picture. what a beautiful floral arrangement.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Oh this was SUCH a beautiful, powerful tribute.

Shauna said...

Awesome!

nikkicrumpet said...

You just know she was in heaven getting a good chuckle! I think having her family laugh and be together is the best tribute to her...it shows she did a great job in life!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for your loss. But it sounds as though even in death there can be light.

Grace said...

I'm so sorry about your loss, but that was a really great tribute

Shellie said...

Did your grandma have a sense of humor? Maybe it was one last joke. Beautiful flowers and glad in the end it was nice.

imbeingheldhostage said...

What a beautiful post and pictures. I can imagine your Grandma would've wanted the smiles. I only hope there's laughter and lightheartedness when I go.

Unknown said...

I love your sense of humor during what I am sure was a sad moment. The final photo is gorgeous!

Amy said...

Oooh, I love that last photo! At least the funeral will be... memorable? :) Faelela is such a neat name.