Monday, February 9, 2009

Tuesday's Tribute...

Constitution Pledge
I, as one of the "We, the People of the United States," affirm that I have read (or will read) our U.S. Constitution and pledge to maintain and promote its standard of liberty for Myself and for our Posterity and do hereby attest to that by my signature.

"If , to please the people, we offer what we ourselves disapprove, how can we afterwards defend our work? Let us raise a standard to which the wise and the honest can repair. The event is in the hand of God."
(Stated to delegates to the Constitutional Convention)

George Washington
Tuesday's Tribute
Yet Another Jay and Deb Production.

9 comments:

Halftime Lessons said...

Wow...
I'm impressed!! Love the quote...don't you just love how they talked (or wrote)? So full of feeling and meaning...

Words are so important. I have said that to my wife porobably 200 times since we've been together and I get the same eyeroll every time.

Loved the post, Mel.

Unknown said...

Good job on your header! Let's see the rest....
C'mon, put down the vacuum and get to your computer and do nothing else all day!

Deb said...

listen to you, miss smarty-pants! i am glad somebody can bring some dignity to our tuesdays!

Brenda said...

Those are good words that we need to remember today, all of our leaders need to remember today especially!

Karolynn said...

I think we need to get back to that way of thinking. Hope you are doing well. It was great talking to you today! I am getting my hair done tomorrow. I am super excited! I told Trisha I want to be cute like you! (mawaaa)

stefanie said...

George slept in a lot of places around here, supposedly. The building I work in is a restored barn that was built in the 1700's. Maybe George's horse slept there, since it is about 1/2 mile from where the troops made the famous Christmas Evening Delaware River crossing for the Battle of Trenton.

I really should read that Constitution.

tiarastantrums said...

HEAR HEAR!!!!!!!!!

Indrani said...

GREAT POST!!!
Great reminder!

Shimmy Mom said...

AMEN!